Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big Rocks




I really enjoyed the video we watched on Big Rocks in our last class.  I liked that the video gave good imagery to the idea that we need to prioritize all the things we have going in our lives.  The big rocks all need to fit in our bucket so to speak before we add in all the little pebbles.  I really agree with the idea as a whole but what I questioned was what if all the things in your life are big rocks?  What do you do then? When you need to fit in all those important things and there is just not enough time?  For me, it seems that things for myself always get shoved aside, such as, working out, reading a good book or going on a date with my husband.  I struggle to find ways to fit everything in and to prioritize the big rocks.  I have tried this past week to do just that but am sad to say that I didn’t succeedL  I guess I just have to remember that this is a new week and all I can do is to try again.  How has the idea of Big Rocks impacted your life?

2 comments:

  1. I found myself asking myself those same questions. It's so difficult to prioritize-especially when we think all of the things in our lives are the big rocks. I struggled a bit too but then sat back and really tried to sort out my most important big rocks. I think from week to week, our big rocks are going to shift and change. Maybe some weeks, we don't fit all of our rocks in our buckets and we just have to be OK with that. Keep your chin up-you're not alone in the struggle of where to put all those rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    Thanks for the pep talk! Sometimes we forget that there are others who are in the same boat as us and we feel like we are going at life all alone. Thanks for reminding me that we are in this together:)

    ReplyDelete