Saturday, September 28, 2013

Persistence

Persistence is an important character trait that successful people possess.  A large piece of persistence is about making mistakes and learning from them.  I think that this is something I try to instill in my students.  We talk all the time about how our room is a mistake-making classroom and that is how we all learn.  I talk about my mistakes and show them how I learn from them and keep going. 

I don't know if persistence is necessarily something you can teach but I do think it is something you can model.  I liked how the author of the article said  "When faced with challenges, effective teachers let their passion guide them as they persevere to find the right solutions."  I think this is true for not just teachers but everyone.  Those people with persistence and grit are the people who find solutions and succeed in life.  

Persistence inspires me to get up everyday and to do the best I can in whatever I am doing that day.  I want my children to see that no matter what life throws at you, you get back up and try again and again until you get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment