Friday, September 20, 2013

Virtues


I learned that courage and empathy are my biggest virtues.  I am not really that surprised by this.  I feel that those have strong virtues for me for quite some time.  These are very important in my life as a spouse, mom, student, friend and teacher. 

These are essential characteristics to have, as it’s extremely important to be empathetic in all these areas of life.  I need to be understanding, kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate and loving.  I also must be courageous in these areas.  In life, it’s important to be bold, brave and to have grit.  You will accomplish nothing in life if you are not courageous.  I believe I get this virtue from my dad.  He has always told me “Don’t let the bastards get you down.”

These virtues relate the AGAPE ideas.  They especially connect with the idea of Generativity.  This idea focuses on community building, giving of self and creating a caring classroom.  You must be an empathetic and courageous person to do these things.  Part of a caring classroom includes being empathetic and teaching kids to be empathetic.  They also connect with the idea of generativity.  You must be a courageous person to form collaborative relationships and bring people together from different areas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment