Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Teaching the "non-negotiables"

There are several non-negotiables that i will not sacrifice in my classroom.  With this, I need to be sure to plan to teach with these in mind.  To do this, I need to plan my lessons with intention.  I need to be sure I am thinking about meeting all students needs in these lessons.
I also want to help my students form connections with one another.  So when planning my lessons, I need to be thinking about including activities that will build relationships.  I will also be better organized in my planning, prep and  classroom management.  I think these things will help reduce behavior issues in the classroom as well as improve relationships.
As far as my school and colleagues, I will be doing more collaboration between buildings.  I would like to find out more about what the first grade teachers at the other building are doing and to do some more planning as a whole team.  I think this will benefit all of us - both teachers and students.
By planning and teaching with these "non-negotiables" in mind, I will be sure to help my students become successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment