Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Roadblocks and Successes

Roadblocks:
I think my biggest roadblock - as always - is TIME!  It's so hard to fit everything in that I would like to do and that I feel is important and necessary to include in the day.  Another roadblock is the curriculum.  It doesn't leave room for teaching things such as social skills that are equally important as academics.  To mediate these, i will need to look at what where I can add in some relationship building activities because I do feel passionately about forming connections.
Co-workers and feeling left behind is yet another roadblock to teaching with my non-negotiables.  When co-workers are doing other things or way ahead in the curriculum, it makes it challenging to keep teaching the way you feel works best.  In order to solve this, I will lay out my curriculum in advance and see what extra time I have where I can include the social skills and activities I feel are important to build relationships and form connections within the classroom.
Successes:
Well, so far I have been able to include a few games and social skills activities into my day.  Granted they have been shorter and fewer than I originally wanted but at least I have found a way to include them.  At this point, aside from showing up again tomorrow!, this is all the success I have found.  I am hoping to continue to find ways to include these lessons and build upon them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment