Sunday, November 17, 2013

Presence

Building a capacity for presence has become more of a priority in my life in the past few years.  Before, I was simply skating through life, not giving a lot of thought or insight to what was happening around me.  But I have since discovered that I am much more engaged in my life when I am present in it.  By building this capacity for presence in my life, I have become a better wife, mother, teacher and friend. Part of developing presence is critical self-reflection.  I have worked to practice this with my classroom and my own life.  This capacity for presence has made me more intentional in my teaching - I am much more aware of where my kids are at and where they need to go.  I am more engaged with my own children and what they are experiencing.  This has spilled over into my relationships with friends, colleagues and family members.  I will continue to strive for a deeper level of presence by being willing and open to working on all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment