Saturday, February 1, 2014

February Strategy

This month I decided to focus on writing in my classroom.  I used the Five Star Writing that was shared with us at the Fall Conference.  I used our journal writing time once a week to teach 1 star at a time. That star was the only one we focussed on.  Then I used our writing center that week to have them practice their journal writing on their own focusing on that star from earlier in the week.  Their writing and understanding of writing has improved so much!  I am really pleased with this intervention and we continue to refer back to it on a daily basis.  Here is a shot of the overview of 5 star writing.  You can find more printables for it on Teachers Pay Teachers:)


1 comment:

  1. I really like this Jen. Even at the second grade level, so many of my kids need those basic reminders. They do so well with our writing templates, but as soon as I take those away, they forget the simple mechanics. I am going to look on teachers pay teachers for five star writing with paragraphs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete