Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Persistence


Persistence is a key ingredient to surviving life.  We all have struggles and we have to choose to either give up or to endure.  These last few weeks I have given a lot of though to this idea of persistence.  There has been a lot going on in both my personal and professional life.  There have been challenges and struggles and hardships.  The more time I spent reflecting upon what has been happening, the more down I became.  On one particularly hard day, I found myself crying and upset.  It was at that point that I decided I could either give up and run away to the beach (tempting, yes!) or I could persist and baton down the hatches and ride out the storm.  Using the prompts on the poster above, I decided I needed a new mindset.  

I took to heart some of the suggestions and put them to use.  I first refocussed my goal - I broke down the big picture into little ones to make things more manageable.  I reset my mind - I was going to get through this and would come out the other side a better and stronger person.  I checked in with some experts, i.e. friends.  Who better than to help you get your mind right and make you laugh - a few drinks don't hurt either!!  

I feel now that I am in a much better place.  I have never been (nor will I ever be!) a quitter - my husband calls me the most stubborn person he knows!  But by really thinking about what it truly means to be persistent, I have gained a new perspective.  Stay positive and keep getting up.  Every. Single. Time.  

As the poster says:

Persistence is tenacity wrapped in courage with just a sprinkling of stubborness on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment