Monday, February 3, 2014

Haiku Deck

This week, I tried a new app in my classroom.  My 1st graders have been learning all about the solar system.  They created a planet journal where they wrote facts about each planet and drew a picture of each planet.  So I put them into table groups and assigned them a planet.  They then created a slide for their planet by choosing their facts and a picture for that planet.  Overall, it went pretty well.  There was a child in charge at each table so that helped minimize troubles.  I also have 2 paras in the room so that helped as well.  A word to the wise . . . some of the pics that show up are not appropriate!  Overall, this is a really neat app and the kids enjoyed the presentation and working together to create a class project.

No comments:

Post a Comment