Wednesday, October 9, 2013

AR Abstract


How will changing the style of classroom management affect behavior?

The question guiding my research is as follows: How will changing the style of classroom management affect behavior?  A review of literature suggested strategies in areas of my practice that could help me bring about the changes I am seeking.  As a result of my literature review, areas I targeted for change in my practice includes 1) Whole Brain teaching rules and techniques and 2) community building activities.  Assessment of the ways these changes make a difference in classroom management and student behaviors includes 1) Class Dojo behavior tracking app 2) Take –A – Break log addressing when, where and why the student needed a break and 3) Teacher Observation/Field Notes addressing behaviors throughout the day.

At this point I have been doing some informal observations and notes and look forward to starting my assessments soon.  Some questions I have regarding my AR plan are as follows:

1.     How can I assume that my results are because of the changes I am making    versus the dynamics of my classroom demographics?
2.     What strategies can I use to better manage and organize my observations and field notes so that I am getting the data I need?
3.     How will I organize all my data so that I can make accurate conclusions about my research?


No comments:

Post a Comment