Saturday, October 12, 2013

Backwards Design Process


The Backwards Design process was first introduced to me earlier this year in my master’s program.  This was a completely new process for me and I was nervous about how it would work.  It was a struggle at first because it was so new.  But as I continued through the process, I began to realize how it actually made teaching easier. 
 By teaching with the essential questions in mind, I now am more focused and organized about what I am teaching and why as well as what I want the students to know and understand.  The process has guided me to ask higher level thinking questions and think differently about learning goals for my students.

1)   How do I separate enduring understandings, knowledge and skills – I feel very repetitive when planning a BD unit?

No comments:

Post a Comment